SuccessPosted: May 26, 2007
I am at lost. I came across a wonderful book by Bro. Bo Sanchez called Simplify and Create Abundance. My “discovery” of the book is what I call a product of the law of attraction. And I am so amazed that the man understood the principle and very much different from the “church” people that I grew up with (Yeah, I was one of those taught that rich people won’t be able to enter heaven).
But on the first chapter , there’s this “Action Plan” for it.
He was asking “Think. How do you define success?”.
. . . . .
I am speechless . . .
The world stopped turning. I could hear the world turn silent.
. . . . .
And it struck me, I had no idea.
He was also asking “What are the things that should happen to you for you to say that you are a success?”. . . .
Hmmm . . . . .
This is harder than I thought.
When I was growing up (I’m still growing by the way) the definition I see of that success is pure material. I got the impression that if you have climbed the corporate ladder, you are one of those VP department, have a wonderful house, great income then you are successful. But my experience in my so-far life, this is not so.
The Freedictionary.com defines success as
1. The achievement of something desired, planned, or attempted: attributed their success in business to hard work.
2. a. The gaining of fame or prosperity: an artist spoiled by success.
b. The extent of such gain.
The achievement of something desired . . .
I feel stupid. I just realized that success is so easy to achieve but it is relative to one’s goal. The time frame of realization of success depends on the level of goal you put up. Now to define success for myself, I have to ask my self “what are my goals?”
Hhhmm . . . .
It’s a bit hard for me. I used to plan for the future. But due to an experience, almost all of my goals turned caput! in an instant. That was when my mom died. I won’t go into details anymore as we are talking about success her and not grief.
Ok. Let me ask again the Bo’s question, “What are the things that should happen to you for you to say that you are a success?”
- I want to earn thrice as much as I am earning now ( its ok for a single person but a bit tight for a married one who wants to have kids ).
- I want our very own business. What kind? That is another question that I need yet to analyze. We already have one though and we’re learning alot from it.
- My husband and I have our very own place, a dream house or home. Its not necessarily be a mansion but we prefer to have a large backyard.
- In the very distant future, I want to be able to raise our kids more than my parents did. I will do my best to be the best I can be. I will learn from various people on how to be a good parent.
- I want an easy access transportation for us. I want a car. What kind? I dream of a Kia Picanto but a pickup is practical as well as a Toyota revo type. Why not the three of them? 🙂
- I want to be able to blog everyday. My blog for me is my journal. I tried journaling in the old way (a notebook and a pen) but I found doing so, so time consuming.
I want to do one of my hobbies once a day like crocheting, knitting, etc. I want to enhance my skill further and the only way to do so is to make them as much as I can.Come to think of it, I am doing it so already. Writing is one of my hobbies and I think I am improving way much better now.
- I want to kiss my husband ten times a day.
- I want to have our own retirement fund as well as an emergency fund.
- I want to free myself from debts!
- I want to follow the 70/20/10 principle.
- I want my blog to have 100 hits a day for starter.
- I want to be able to write better.
. . . .
I’m too serious, aren’t I? *heh*